- 3 Tbl. olive oil (for grilling eggplant)
- 7 Japanese eggplant or 2 medium eggplant, ends trimmed & cut into 1-inch slices
- 1/2 cup toasted pecans
- 3 oz. goat cheese, crumbled (could also use feta or queso fresco)
- 1/3 cup fresh basil, chiffonade cut
- 2 Tbl. chopped fresh oregano or thyme
- 3 Tbl. olive oil
- 3 Tbl. balsamic vinegar or balsamic glaze (syrup – aka vinegar reduced by half in saucepan)
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- Place a grill pan over medium-high heat OR preheat grill. Drizzle olive oil over eggplant slices and toss to coat. Grill slices until tender, about 3-4 minds per side.
- Arrange the grilled slices on a serving platter in slightly overlapping fashion. Sprinkle with toasted pecans, goat cheese, basil, and oregano (or thyme). Drizzle with olive oil, balsamic vinegar, salt, and pepper.