I love this versatile and simple-to-make sauce. I use it for just about everything: veggie spring rolls, chicken satay, salad dressing – you name it. This recipe is already a double batch.
- 1 ‘large knob’ of fresh ginger root, peeled and cut into slices (about 12 thin slices)
- 2 large cloves garlic
- 1 cup peanut butter (or almond butter, if you prefer)
- 1 cup freshly squeezed orange juice (from about 8 medium-sized oranges)
- 3/4 cup fresh lime juice (from 4-5 limes)
- 1/2 cup cup soy sauce (I use low-sodium kind)
- 3/4 cup honey or agave
- 3/4 cup toasted sesame oil
- 3-4 tsp. cayenne pepper (depending on your spice level, you can also omit)
- 2 tsp. salt
Blend all ingredients together in a blender until smooth. Pour into clean, empty canning jar and keep it in your fridge for up to 3 weeks.