You might toss in a few veggies, like peas – or not.
- 1 cup pasta, like angel hair or linguine
- 1/2 stick butter
- 1/2 cup cream
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1-2 tsp grated lemon zest
- Parmesan cheese for garnish
- Chopped parsley or chives for garnish
Boil and salt water for pasta, and cook it. Meanwhile, in a large pan, combine a 1/2 stick of butter, a 1/2 cup of cream, and a 1/4 cup of freshly squeezed lemon juice. When the butter melts, remove the pan from the heat and set aside. Drain the pasta and add it to the reserved lemon sauce and toss. Add a few teaspoons of grated lemon zest and freshly grated Parmesan. Garnish with chopped parsely or chives (only if you feel like it) and serve.
Recipe from Mark Bittman’s Kitchen Express.